Nexus S Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) manual update is also here for those who are impatiently waiting to get their hands on the latest Gingerbread update as it brings Android video chat to Google Talk.
I have done a full tutorial on how you can update your Nexus S to the latest software update manually. See after the jump!
How to Update Nexus S to Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) Software Update
Here’s a detailed tutorial on how to install the Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) update on your rooted Nexus S. I have previously done a similar tutorial on how to install Android 2.3.4 manually on Nexus S, and I will be following the same steps in this case too.
Disclaimer: Try this on your own risk. I’m not responsible if you mess up with your Nexus S.
1. Download Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) for Nexus S on Android 2.3.3 (GRI40) on your PC.
2. Rename the downloaded .zip file to ‘update.zip‘.
3. Connect and mount your Nexus S USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
4. Now copy/paste the update.zip file to your USB memory. Make sure the file is in the USB memory root. It should not be in a directory.
5. Then turn off your phone.
6. Now to get in the bootloader mode, turn on the phone while pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons.
7. Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
8. Assuming you have ClockworkMod recovery, scroll down to “Flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to open it.
9. Using volume keys, select your “update.zip” file. Confirm the installation and the installation procedure should start now.
10. After the installation completes, reboot the phone by selecting “Reboot system” from the recovery menu. It might look as if stuck again on the Android bot, but it will soon reboot.
That’s it! Your Nexus S should have the latest software update installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Do try out the Google Talk video chat feature and let us know!
Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) software update just started rolling out yesterday to Nexus S users on Android 2.3.3 (GRI40) and we already have the direct download link to the official Nexus S update.
You can now video or voice chat with your friends, family and colleagues right from your Android phone – and it works on both, Android phones and tablets! All you need is a 3G, 4G or WiFI connection and you can get into a voice / video call on Google Talk with Gmail on the computer!
And so yes, it’s official. Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) software update will be bringing Google Talk video chat to the Nexus S. We just reported yesterday of Google rolling out the first few Android 2.3.4 updates to internal Googlers.
Google made it official with a blog post and a tweet that the Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) will be rolling out in the coming weeks. It will bring bug fixes for the Nexus One and video chat to the Nexus S.
Google rolled out Android 2.3.4 (GRJ22) software update to some internal testers and guess what this update has… Android Google Talk video-calling!
We have been hearing rumours of Google planning to add official Google Talk video-calling in Android devices, but it wasn’t confirmed. Well, now it is – thanks to a friend who got hold of this update.