Dubai is building the first and the world’s biggest and the tallest arch bridge. The image you see above was envisioned by the New York architect firm, Fxfowle. The construction will be starting from March 2008, and is expected to be completed by 2012.
Some random statistics I’ve been able to find are:
- ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s one mile long and 670 feet tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost 817 million dollars.
- The design has Sheikh MohammedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s official stamp of approval.
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
- Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012
Some more images can be seen below: