Disable Addon Compatibility Check in Firefox 7.0a1 Nightly Build
.Firefox 7.0 Alpha 1 (nightly build) is now available for download for Windows, Mac and Linux. You can download the latest build as the Mozilla team works on it and regularly updates the nightly build daily. Firefox 5.0 was also just released yesterday for download.
Those of you trying to use Firefox 7.0a1 will be facing an issue that none of your Firefox addons would be working in this browser due to compatibility issues and you will have to hack your way through so that Firefox 7.0 doesn’t check for extension updates and disables them.
How to Disable Addon Compatibility Check in Firefox 7.0a1 Nightly Build
Just follow the steps below to disable addon compatibly check in the latest Firefox 7.0:
- Open a new tab.
- Type about:config in the address bar.
- Right click anywhere on the page and click on Boolean under New.
- Enter this as the preference name: extensions.checkCompatibility.nightly
- Click OK.
- Choose false and then click OK again.
- Restart your browser and all your add-ons should be runnable again.
That’s it! Your previous extensions and addons should now work perfectly fine in Firefox 7.0 Alpha 1, nightly build!
Thanks Daniel for this tip!