Adobe Flash Player 10.3 for Android Phones
Adobe has just released Flash Player 10.3 for Android phones. You can download Flash Player 10.3 for Android now from the Android Market.
Flash Player 10.3 has come as a surprise. We were not expecting it anytime soon as there has been no announcements related to the new Adobe Flash Player 10.3 update anywhere.
This is what Adobe has to say about this release:
The current build number for Flash Player 10.3 for Android 2.2 and above is 10.3.185.21. Flash Player 10.3 is a production GA (General Availability) release for Android 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), and Android 3.01 (Honeycomb) devices.
Features and enhancements included in this Flash Player 10.3 update are:
- Enabled NEON optimizations for OMAP4 (Cortex A-9) based devices. (2853030)
- Corrected an issue on the Samsung Galaxy S where H.264 video at resolutions of 720p and below was not displayed. (2852889)
- Android Apps using Browser Plug-ins like Flash Player in WebView no longer need to set android:hardwareAcceleration to True in their AndroidMainfest.xml for plug-in output to be rendered. This was previously an issue on Android 3.0+ only. (2834793)
- Fixed a crash on the HTC EVO that some users encountered with specific video. (2855425)
- Fixed an issue that caused video frames to stop rendering on long streaming videos (> 1 hour) on some Motorola devices. (2855957)
For the detailed official changelog, click here.
Download Flash Player 10.3 for Android
You can head over to the Android Market to download Flash Player 10.3 for Android, or update it directly from the Market app in your Android phones!