Tutorial: How to Jailbreak PS3 with Nexus One
I just wrote about the newly discovered PS3 jailbreak which can now be done using your Nexus One, HTC Desire or other Android handsets.
PS3 jailbreak from Android phones is completely free to use, unlike the USB mod to jailbreak PS3 which required you to purchase the USB for $150.
How to Jailbreak/Hack PS3 with Nexus One
You can follow the step-by-step tutorial below to jailbreak your PS3. Remember, this is only for rooted Nexus One and HTC Desire. See: How to Root Nexus One
- Download the package, extract it.
- Extract N1-CM6-PSFreedom.tar.gz and copy the contents to your SD card.
- Copy PS3-signed.zip and PS3-No-More-signed.zip to the root of your SD card (not in any directory).
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode by powering on while pressing the ‘Home’ trackball.
- Recommended: Create a Nandroid backup, if you have a custom recovery on your Nexus One (How To Install).
- Install/flash PS3-signed.zip.
- Reboot your phone.
- Use ConnectBot or any terminal app and type:
- cd /mnt/sdcard
- insmod psfreedom.ko
- Kill the power to your PS3, switch on the back (PS3 Fat) or unplug from the wall (PS3 Slim), and connect your phone via USB.
- Re-enable power and press the PS3 power button followed by the eject button in quick succession.
- Your PS3 is now hacked! Youâ€™ll see â€œInstall Package Filesâ€ under GAME on the XMB.
- To return your phone to normal just boot back to recovery and flash PS3-No-More-signed.zip.
- This will disable wi-fi untill the original boot.img is flashed back.
- This will also disable USB mass storage.
Now I’m off to try this hack on my own PS3 (fat model)!
NOTE: This is shared just for educational purposes and try this at your own risk. We are not responsible if any damage is done to your device or something goes wrong with it.