RemoteDroid: Use Android Phone as Keyboard/Mouse
Yes, you read the title right! You can now use your Android phone as a mouse and keyboard.
RemoteDroid turns your phone into a wireless keyboard and mouse with touchpad, using your own wireless network.
It is a free app for devices running the Android OS i.e Nexus One, Droid, HCT Hero etc. Next time, your keyboard or mouse stops working in the middle of some important work, you won’t have to rush out to get a new one!
Here’s a video of RemoteDroid running on the HTC Hero:
- Touch-screen mouse control
- Two onscreen mouse buttons, with right-click/control-click functionality
- Use in either portrait or landscape mode
- Works with any WiFi network — no Bluetooth hardware or adapters required
- Compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems
RemoteDroid consists of two parts: the phone application you can download from the Android Market, and a server application for your computer that you can download from the link below.
This app has three requirements:
- Java SE Runtime Environment 1.5 or higher on your PC
- A wireless network connection.
- A device running the Android OS.
Download RemoteDroid Server App
You can download it from the RemoteDroid website: Download RemoteDroid Server App