Swype for Android, Public Beta Now Available
Swype for Android is now available to a limited users for a public beta. Earlier, it was only available to some users as a private beta, but Android users can get a public beta from Swype website.
Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methodsâ€”at over 50 words per minute.
Here are some details for the Swype for Android beta:
- Initially we will have a limited number of participants – we’ll expand it soon
- In English and Spanish – more languages to come
- Limited Features – some key features of Swype require OEM integration
- HVGA and WVGA Resolutions – don’t worry we’ll detect this automatically
- Limited End User Support – mostly via our forum
- If your phone came pre-installed with Swype
DO NOT download this beta (it won’t work)
How to Try Swype for Android
To get the Swype for Android beta, go to the Swybe Beta website and register. You will get an email then with the download instructions.