HTC Sense for Nexus One from HTC Desire
HTC Sense for Nexus One is finally available for download, ported from the HTC Desire ROM which was leaked.
Paul from the Modaco forums has managed to compile the HTC Desire ROM for the Nexus One running with HTC Sense. HTC Desire is an Android device by HTC that runs on the same hardware specifications as the Nexus One.
This ROM is quite stable to use, but contains bugs as it is only the first leaked alpha version of HTC Desire ROM. Future updates will definitely be more stable.
How to Install HTC Sense on Nexus One
Before you do anything, let me make this clear that whatever you perform or do with your phone is completely on your own risk and we’re not to be held responsible if anything goes wrong with your phone.
This tutorial will be similar to the one I posted earlier on how to install Nexus One software update.
1. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked and the Nexus One is rooted before following any further steps. You can follow the two guides below in case you need to know how to get to bootloader mode, unlock it and root your phone.
- How to Get Bootloader Mode in Nexus One
- How to Unlock Nexus One Bootloader
- How to Root Nexus One with Superboot
2. Now when we are clear of the rooting part, you should install a new recovery on your phone, preferably Amon Ra’s recovery is the best one available. Download recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img or latest version from XDA. See this guide for more info: How to Install RA Recovery Image on Nexus One.
3. Download the HTC Desire ROM with HTC Sense for the Nexus One from here and rename it to update.zip.
4. Connect and mount your Nexus One SD card on your computer using the USB cable.
5. Now copy/paste the update.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root. It should not be in a directory.
6. Then turn off your phone.
7. Now to get in the bootloader mode, turn on the phone while pressing and holding the trackball and power button.
8. Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
9. From the menu, navigate to Flash zip from sdcard and install the new ROM.
10. You should now have HTC Sense on your Nexus One once the installation completes and the phone restarts.
More information on HTC Desire Sense UI here.