iPad, The Apple Tablet is Here!
Okay, so the decade long rumours of an Apple Tablet have finally come to an end with the big announcement at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco.
iPad – the Apple Tablet, was revealed by Steve Jobs. It’s a product that comes between smartphones and laptops with a gorgeous 9.7-inches touchscreen display.
This neat device is just 0.5 inch thick and weighs not more than 1.5 pounds. It has a glossy black surface around the touchscreen display. The main interface again has buttons with a Mac OS X-like dock at the bottom.
Basically, it’s a giant iPod Touch with the same gestures, flicks, taps you do on the iPhone or iPod Touch. I’ll go directly towards the specifications that would explain all-you-need to know about iPad, the Apple tablet.
- Display: 9.7-inch multi-touch capacitive display (1024 x 768 pixel resolution)
- Size/Weight: 0.5-inch thin and weighs 1.5 pounds
- Processor: 1GHz Apple A4 CPU
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB flash drive
- Battery: 10 hours of web surfing on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Other: Dock connector, 3.5mm headphone jack, speaker, mic
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular data services – EDGE/3G
- Location: Assisted GPS, digital compass
That pretty sums up the entire Apple iPad, right?
iPad will be available through AT&T starting from $499, yes, that’s the price! You won’t be tied to a contract, but will be on prepaid plans with the AT&T.
iPad Release Date
These iPads will be available in 60 days time, and another 30 days for the 3G models. That makes it iPad (WiFi) will release in March and iPad (WiFi) + 3G) will release in April 2010. International deals will be available by June/July.