iPhone 4.0 OS Features
All eyes are focused on the Apple’s ‘Latest Creation” event which is set to be held at 10 AM PST on January 27, at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater, San Francisco.
The folks over at BGR have managed to get some information on what new features will be there in the upcoming iPhone 4.0 OS.
iPhone 4.0 Firmware Features
Here are the features which are to be included in the iPhone OS 4.0:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- â€œA few new waysâ€ to run applications in the background â€” multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We havenâ€™t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will â€œput them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computersâ€ more than any other phone to date. Everyone is â€œreally excited.â€
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.