Desktop Gmail Notifier, Spiffy
Many people prefer Gmail notifications on their desktop and don’t like keeping a Gmail tab opened in their browser just to check emails. I agree.
Desktop notifications are much cleaner and you only open Gmail if you want to reply to an email. Google Talk also has Gmail notifications, but gain, that’s for people who also want to IM with their friends.
Spiffy is a Gmail notifier for Windows which is completely free to use and offer lots of customization features.
It could check up to 5 Gmail accounts or labels at the same time and works with both Gmail and Google Apps accounts.Some of its features are as follows:
- Check up to 5 accounts at the same time
- Supports free Gmail and Google Apps mail
- Tray popup alerts on new e-mail
- Tray icon change on new e-mail
- Sound alert on new e-mail
- Set custom ‘check for mail’ interva
- Show alerts once or until read in Gmail
- Tell Me Again feature for missed alerts
- Use your own alert backgrounds
- Customize interface, tray icons and more!
- Proxy support
- Runs in System Tray
- Autostart & Hide options
- Works from USB drive
You can download Spiffy from here: Download Spiffy