How to Update Phone Firmware in Ovi Suite
Nokia Ovi Suite is still in beta stages but continues to improve and get more powerful with every release. New features and enhancements are being added in every new update.
If your Nokia phone has received a software update and you would like to update it, you can follow the following guide and steps to do so. This is for newbies who have just moved to Ovi Suite and find it complicated.
How to Update Phone Firmware in Nokia Ovi Suite
Folow the steps below to update your Nokia phone’s firmware to the latest one available. Here in this tutorial I’ll be using my Nokia E71 to update to the latest firmware v400.
NOTE: Make sure you have created a backup of your device using Ovi Suite or directly on the phone.
1. Connect the phone to your PC in PC Suite mode.
2. Start Ovi Suite (if not already on) and go to Tools > Software Updates.
3. Now wait till Ovi Suite checks for updates for the application and your phone. Once done, click on the Install button under “Update available”.
4. Check the firmware version and make sure you have created a backup of your phone.
5. Read and follow more on-screen instructions.
6. Create a backup of your current state of the phone which you would be able to restore later.
7. Select the contents you want to backup.
8. Watch the backup process.
9. Once it completes, click on Install to download and install the firmware.
10. Now restart the phone to finish the update process.