Adobe AIR 2 Beta Released, Features, Video
Almost all of us use Adobe AIR apps, TweetDeck and DestroyTwitter being the popular apps among Twitter users. It has finally released the first beta version of Adobe AIR 2 which is now available for public download.
Adobe AIR 2 provides end users with exceptional application experiences while giving developers the easiest and most powerful way to develop desktop applications across multiple platforms (Mac, Windows, and Linux).
Adobe AIR 2 Features
AIR 2 comes with new capabilities and even more tighter desktop integration. Some new features include:
- Support for the detection of mass storage devices.
- Advanced networking capabilities like secure sockets, UDP support, and the ability to listen on sockets.
- Support for native code integration.
- The ability to open a file with its default application.
- Multi-touch and gesture support.
- New APIs for access to raw microphone data.
- Webkit update with HTML5/CSS3 support.
- Global error handling.
- Improved cross-platform printing
- Improved security and support for enterprise and government standards.
Adobe AIR 2 Video Demo
Download Adobe AIR 2
You can get Adobe AIR 2 Beta for Windows, Linux and Mac from here: Download Adobe AIR 2 Beta
You can browse through all the Adobe AIR applications we have covered till now.