Enable Polygamy in Windows Live Messenger
Users with multiple Windows Live IDs cannot sign in to Messenger with more than one ID at a time, and because of that users go for multi-IMs like Pidgin, Digsby etc.
Remember, this trick requires Registry editing, so Iâ€™d recommend you to create a backup first (How to).
How To Enable Polygamy in Windows Live Messenger
Follow the steps below to enable multi-ID support in Live Messenger.
- Open Registry Editor (Start > type regedit)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Live
- Right click Messenger and create a new DWORD called â€œMultipleInstancesâ€ (ofcourse, without the quotes)
- Right click the newly added registry key and choose Modify. Set its Value data to 1.
- Close Registry Editor and enjoy!
You can now launch Windows Live Messenger as many times as you want and sign-in with as many Windows Live IDs as you want.