Google Optimisation Essentials Video Series
Google Adsense has now started giving recommendations for the best optimization of the Google Ads for your blog or website. So far they have made two posts on such tips. Below is a brief overview of what AdSense said about optimizing your ads.
I – For AdSense Ad Units
Last Week they released their first video enforcing towards an important logic while putting AdSense adverts and making more out of them. This logic was Bigger is Better. Yes, they recommend that bigger add size will give you the maximum opportunities for your AdSense revenue.
These three ad unit were their recommendation regarding choosing the best size of your ads.
- 300×250 medium rectangle
- 728×90 leaderboard
- 160×600 skyscraper
II – Design to Impressing Your Audience
This is the second and latest from the AdSense Team in their Optimization Essentials for publishers. In this they have showed the importance of design, and what colors you should use for ad units. In most cases, publisher ads with contrast suit best and webmasters stick to them for years. But at some places, like this blog, you will find ads with blending colours.
They suggested the following tips:
- Using colors that either blend or complement with site’s colors. Make the ads a part of your site.
- Using lighter colors for borders, or no border at all.
- Using the rotation colors strategy.
- Occasionally switching the location of your ads on the page.
- Implementing saved sets of frequently-used colors as a palette.