Witty, Yet Another Windows-only Twitter Client
Well, I know this is not the first Twitter client you are hearing of. There are many others like TwitterFox for Firefox, Twhirl for Windows, which is Adobe AIR-based and many others that have been developed for Twitter.
I have another Twitter client called Witty, an open-source app, which uses the Twitter API to bring you the Twitter experience on your desktop.
- Minimize to the System Tray
- Runs in Single Instance mode
- Custom Styles and Resources
- Spell Checking
- Skins and Skinning
- Update your twitter status
- View and respond to Direct Messages
- View recent Twitter statuses from the people you follow by Auto-refreshing
- View recent replies to you
- View a specific user’s timeline
- Links will open in the user’s default browser
To get updated with the latest version, ClickOnce is also available, which fetches the stable new releases of Witty automatically.
Best Feature includes the implementation of Keyboard shortcuts to Tweet with more easibility. Here are all of them.
- ctrl-u – Toggle the update area
- ctrl-r – Add @screenname of the selected Tweets user to the update textbox
- ctrl-q – Quit. Exit. Vamoose.
- ctrl-o – Open the options dialog.
- ctrl-1 – Show the “Recent” tab.
- ctrl-2 – Show the “Replies” tab.
- ctrl-3 – Show the “User” tab.
- ctrl-4 – Show the “Messages” tab.
- F5 – refresh. It seemed best to stick with IE/Firefox’s refresh key.
Witty is a Windows-only Twitter client, which supports Windows XP and Vista. It is powered by Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).