XnView: Free Image Converter and Viewer
There are basically three types of software, one that show great potential, second, that are already great and third, that are just hopeless. XnView is of type two, which means it’s really amazing!
XnView is a freeware that lets you view and convert graphic files. It supports about 400 file formats and provides many photo editing options like watermark, crop, brightness and colour etc.
The list of features is endless, but here are some of them that I liked the most.
- It can import/open about 400 formats of files and export around 50 formats
- It has a very user-friendly GUI
- It has an explorer-like mode of searching/opening files
- It can be used to create a slideshow with effects etc
- It can be used to rename batches of files etc
- It can be used to edit/crop images
- It can be used to apply special effects such as blur and adjust colours
The best part is that it’s completely free to use, and offers a lot more than you can expect in just 5 MB! It’s is very light on system resources, doesn’t use much system memory. So low-end computers with just 256 MB RAM can also run it.
XnView supports 44 languages and a number of Operating Systems that includes Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and many other open-source OS.