Portable CD/DVD Burning with InfraRecorder
PortableApps.com has always helped me carry my digital life where I want in the form of a tiny USB drive or now I also use my 16GB Nokia N96 for this purpose.
Yesterday, while going through the site, I found an interesting open-source application that has been made portable and lets users burn CD/DVDs on the go where ever they want.
InfraRecorder Portable is a free CD/DVD burner that can run on any Windows computer from any portable device. It Is an awesome free burner that supports creation of custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and recording them to physical discs as well as disc images.
It’s wide range of features include:
- Create custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images.
- Supports recording to dual-layer DVDs.
- Blank (erase) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE).
- Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from being added to the disc).
- Scan the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collect information about their capabilities.
- Create disc copies, on the fly and using a temporary disc image.
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions to them.
- Display disc information.
- Save audio and data tracks to files (.wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp3 and .iso).
It will only take 6.8MB of your portable device’s space and will provide you with a complete disc burning solution on the go!