Copy Scratched CDs with Copy Cat
Many times you must have come across situations where Windows stop reading your CDs or DVDs just because it is scratched from that area or that byte has been damaged.
Copy Cat is a free tool that allows you to copy data from scratched CDs or DVDs, from hard disk area which is partially not readable by skipping the bytes which are not readable from file and copy all other bytes therefore it extracts max data which is normally not done by windows copy operation.
- Copies your oldest collection of CDs and DVDs
- It even tries to copy a highly damaged media byte by byte
- It gives you the option to skip the bytes if bad area found
- It is a very fast data recovery tool
- It also tries to copy damaged files on your hard disk
- Unlike Windows copy operation it does not stop the copy if bad area found
A physically damaged disk area cannot be copied in any case but if such comes between a big file then it can be skipped so that atleast some data is recovered.
Copy Cat is compatible with Windows XP and Vista, and is only 2.57 MB in size.