iTunes 8.0 Features, Revamped iPods, iPod Touch 2.1 in 2-3 Weeks
There have been rumours going on that Apple is soon going to bring out some updates in their iPod line, and are going to introduce new features in their latest version iTunes 8.0.
Yesterday, Kevin Rose posted on his blog about the latest Apple rumours and also shown a picture of the upcoming iPod Nano. It will be tall, skinnier and will have a curvy body.
- Revamp of entire iPod line.
- Small cosmetic changes to Touch, Nano to see significant redesign (see pic below).
- iPods to see fairly large price drops to distance itself from the $199 iPhone.
- iPod touch 2.1 software, iPhone to get update very soon after.
- iTunes 8.0 (“it’s a big update w/new features”).
- All of this coming in the next 2-3 weeks.
The most important updates to me are the “fairly large” price cut for iPods and the big iTunes update with new features. iPod Touch will be getting a software update to 2.1 (with iPhone getting it later).
Another cool update that Rose mentioned in his video is about OS X 10.5.6 being rumored to include Blu-ray support. You can watch the rest in Rose’s video below.