View Drive Information Quickly using Drive Manager
If you use lots of different types of drives on your computer, like hard disk, USB pen drives, memory card or network drives, then identifying them to view information might be a difficult job. I always get confused with drive letters C, D, E…. R, S etc.
Drive Manager is a free utility that lets you manage and view their information quickly and efficiently. Whether mapped network drives, thumb drive (USB memory sticks), smart media and compact flash, CD-ROM or DVD, this utility is perfect to manage them.
Drive Manager has been written to help you easily identify drives which are of the same type. As well as displaying the volume label it also displays vendor information so that multiply CD/DVD drives and removable drives such as USB thumb drives can be differentiated by their manufacturers name, version and revision date.
- % Free column.
- Hard disk serial number
- CD ROM Doors open + close.
- Lock / Unlock CD ROM / DVD drives.
- Not mounted drives listed in grey with disks not inserted.
- Time and date.
- Map / Disconnect network drives.
- Hide / Unhide drives from explorer.
- See drives which are hidden.
- Drive properties dialog on right click.
- Create / Remove a substitute drive letter for a local folder.
- Hidden drives displayed in blue.
- Launch Windows Search
- Drives with less than 5% available are displayed in red.
- Vendor details: Vendor Name, Product Id, Revision, Vendor Spec
It runs as a standalone EXE file, which means you can also use it from any USB drive.