Run Linux on Windows with Ulteo Virtual Desktop
There are various other methods by which you can run Linux on Windows, but none of them have achieved to implement it 100% percent. It really gets tiresome for web-developers working in Windows when they have to boot through Linux just to test their site.
Ulteo Virtual Desktop lets you enjoy the power of your Linux applications on Windows without the need to reboot! With Ulteo Virtual Desktop, you just have to run the application you need to use from the Ulteo panel and its window will show up like any other Windows application.
It fully integrates your Linux system into your Windows and it saves much of your time because you can have both Windows and Linux applications integrated into a single desktop. The best part about this application is that it is completely free to use and contains no virus or spyware.
This application has been specially designed for corporate users who need to use both Linux and Windows applications within the same desktop environment.
It supports the full range of Linux applications in the standard version.
- Firefox web browser enabled with Flash & Java
- The full OpenOffice.org office suite that can deal with your MS Office documents
- KPdf to deal with your PDF documents
- Kopete: the multi-Instant Messaging software that supports MSN and other protocols
- Thunderbird + Enigmail (so you can encrypt your emails!)
- Gimp and Digikam to manage your pictures
- Inkscape and Scribus to create great graphics and newspapers
- and… many others!