How To View PDF Files As HTML In Firefox
Firefox 3 browser does not have any feature to view PDF files in it. In fact it downloads the PDF files and opens them in your Adobe Reader (Foxit Reader recommended), which is a double pain for most of us.
To directly view them in your browser, I use a Firefox extension called PDF Download. Using this addon, you can do whatever you like with the PDF files online. PDF Download by Nitro PDF Software is the leading tool for handling and viewing Web-based PDF files and is enjoyed by millions of Firefox users every day. The browser extension removes the pain often experience when encountering PDF files online, and now lets you quickly convert your Web pages into high-quality PDFs that are ideal for archiving, printing and sharing.
After installing, whenever you click a PDF file link, you get a popup dialog window like the one shown below and you can choose whatever option that suits you.
- Convert Web pages to PDF. (NEW) Convert any Web pages to great looking PDF files, and then save, share, print or archive them.
- View PDF as HTML. View the contents of PDF files faster and eliminate browser problems by instantly converting any Web-based PDF to a browser-friendly HTML Web page.
- Control PDF files in Firefox. Stop crashes and get the upper hand on Web-based PDF files by automating and controlling how your Firefox or Flock browsers deal with them.
- Works in your language. Through the help of our users, PDF Download is now available in 19 languages and counting.
- Compatible with Firefox 1.5 – 3.0*