Pwnage Tool 2.0 Tutorial To Unlock iPod Touch Firmware 2.0
iPhone Dev Team has just released the Pwnage Tool 2.0 for Mac OS X. It can unlock iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2.0 firmware.
The new firmware 2.0 brings support for MobileMe, third-party applications (App Store) and tons of other interesting stuff. Here’s a tutorial on how you can unlock iPod Touch using Pwnage Tool 2.0.
Update: Windows users can now download Winpwn 2.0!
- Pwnage Tool 2.0.1 (Download Now)
- Original iPod Touch 2.0 firmware
- An iPod Touch (I can’t get you that lol)
- Mac OS X
Toturial on how to unlock iPod Touch using Pwnage Tool 2.0
The the procedure is pretty straight forward and you don’t have to be an advance user to perform this.
1. Open PwnageTool 2.0 and choose Expert Mode.
2. Now click Ã¢â‚¬ËœiPod TouchÃ¢â‚¬â„¢, then Ã¢â‚¬ËœnextÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.
3. Click Ã¢â‚¬Å“Browse for IPSWÃ¢â‚¬Â and open the iPod Touch 2.0 firmware file youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve just downloaded.
4. In the next window choose Ã¢â‚¬Å“GeneralÃ¢â‚¬Â then press the Next button.
5. Choose the root partition size for 3rd-party applications.
6. Then choose the applications that you want to be pre-installed into the unlocked firmware.
7. Select Cydia Installer.
8. Choose custom Boot logo and Restore logo.
9. Select a location to save your jailbroken firmware and let Pwnage Tool do the job next!
10. After the saving is done, it will ask if your iPod had been pwned before, choose according to your situation.
11. PwnageTool will then give you detailed instructions on how to put your iPod to DFU Mode.
12. Now open iTunes 7.7 and restore your firmware just like you normally do (in Recovery Mode). After the process gets completed, you will get:
Your iPod Touch has been fully unlocked – and you can now install any app from the App Store.