Delete Files Permanently With Eraser
Eraser is a very useful and handy open-source freeware utility which securely removes data from your computer permanently and remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it with carefully selected patterns.
It is a powerful tool to remove traces of an important document or file that you don’t want anyone else to see or recover it by using any means. It features 4 patterns by which you can delete a file permanently. Gutmann technique, being the most popular, overwrites the deleted file up to 35 times to clear up its traces.
- Erases Files and Folders.
- Erases Files/Folders that were only previously Ã¢â‚¬ËœdeletedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.
- Erases all hard drives using Ã¢â‚¬ËœDarikÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Boot and NukeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ method.
- Erases Index.dat on Reboot
- Erases Encrypted Files and Drives.
- Erases FreeSpace on 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and DOS.
- Erases contents of the Recycle Bin.
- Erases Compressed Files and Drives.
Plus another feature I liked was the Scheduler feature which allows the user to schedule when to delete selected files or folders.
It works with all Windows OS i.e Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, 2003, XP & VistaÃ‚Â (32 & 64 Bit).