DriverMax: Backup & Restore Windows Drivers
Recently, I did a fresh install of my Windows XP with SP3, but before doing that I wanted a tool that could backup all my system and device drivers and then restore them back safely when I re-install Windows. I did not want to lose any of my up-to-date drivers. I don’t even remember if I still have the original driver CDs for my devices and I wasn’t at all interested in spending ours on the Internet searching for the latest drivers. This is where DriverMax comes to rescue!
DriverMax is a useful tool that allows you to backup, restore and download latest drivers for your computer (Vista only feature). You can backup all your drivers (or only the ones that are needed) in a folder or in a compressed file. After re-installing Windows, its Import Drivers wizard will help you restore your backup and the entire process takes only 5-10 minutes. Saves you hours of searching!
- Download drivers for Windows Vista.
- Check for driver updates.
- Get a lot of information about your hardware and drivers, for computers running Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Backup all or just some of your drivers. Keep all your drivers in one place.
- Restore all your drivers from the backup, in a few minutes. This is especially handy after you reinstall Windows.
Remember, after installing, you should claim your free registration code or your copy will expire after 30 days.
So, the next time you plan to re-install Windows, make sure you back up your drivers using this small freeware. And after re-installing, restore the back up, restart your computer and all your drivers would be restored.