Opera 9.5 Released: Browser War Heating Up
First, I would like to apologize for no posts yesterday and the number of downtimes this blog faced. My article Amazing Future Projects Of Dubai got on Digg’s frontpage yesterday, and due to this my host could not handle the traffic flood. The Digg effect has cooled down now, so regular posts will continue back from today. And yes, no more downtimes or those stupid excessive CPU usage messages!
Just two days after the release of Opera 9.5 RC, they are out with the final release of Opera 9.5. After months of beta testing, the final version is much faster and cooler than the previous ones. It also has a new metallic default theme. The most recently added feature is Opera Link, that helps you synchronize your bookmarks between Opera Mini and Opera 9.5 desktop.
Here are some facts about Opera 9.5 from the development team:
- The number of Opera users has more than doubled since the release of 9.0
- We fixed a new record of bugs, including 2350 showstoppers
- The desktop team ate 12 pizzas while fixing bugs in 9.5 RC
- IMAP is up to 4 times as fast in 9.5 than in 9.2
- Almost 500.000 of you were already using betas of 9.5
The Firefox 3 competitor is already here! Browser war heating up once again :)