How To Change/Install Themes In Google Talk
What’s up readers? How was your weekend? :D I hope you had a great one. Last time, I wrote about GTalk (Google Talk) was when I found how to unblock blocked contacts in it. This time, I’m going to tell you how you can change or install new themes in GTalk.
Remember, themes are not skins. Gmail themes only change the layout of the conversation window. Where as skins change the entire design of the application.
How To Change Themes In GTalk
Just follow the steps below and you will have a new theme in no time:
- Open GTalk.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Appearance.
- Below Chat Theme, you’ll see a drop box. Choose whatever theme you want.
- Click OK and start chatting with someone to try the new theme.
There are about 10 pre-installed themes in GTalk, excluding the default one. I like the “orkut Picture” theme.
How To Install Themes In GTalk
Already knew change themes and tired of the default ones? Wanna install custom themes? Just follow the following steps:
1. Make sure you have the skin (usually as ZIP file).
2. Extract the files anywhere in your PC. (I don’t think I need to explain how to extract files :P Just do it with Winzip or any other good app.)
3. Copy the theme folder and paste it in:
C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMELocal Settings
Application DataGoogleGoogle Talkthemesuserchat
USERNAME is your Windows user account name. If the chat folder (in the end) is not in the user folder, then create one and paste the theme folder in it.
4. That’s all! Now open GTalk, go to Settings > Appearance > Chat Theme and apply your new theme.
This was easy, right? :) There are some interesting tricks and articles coming up in the next few posts related to Google Talk. So, subscribe to my feed and catch the latest tricks first! :D
UPDATE: Want to download cool looking GTalk themes? See my collection of GTalk themes.