Disable Unread Email Notification in XP
Isn’t the unread email notification in Window XP login screen irritating? Well, do fix this, I have found the solution.
Just follow the steps below and get rid of that notification. :)
- Open Registry Editor (Go to Run > type regedit)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ UnreadMail
- Double-click on the dword MessageExpiryDays in the right column and set the value to 0, then click OK. (Note: If MessageExpiryDays not exists, just create one and set the value to 0)
- Close your registry editor.
- Restart your PC and see the changes.
See, it’s that easy.
NOTE: Make a backup of your registry before trying the above trick.