Hide Your Files In A JPEG
Well, did you know you could hide your files in a JPEG file? For this, you will only need to download WinRAR. You just need to have a little knowledge about Command Prompt and have WinRAR installed.
Ok, lets begin…
- Gather all the files that you wish to hide in a folder anywhere in your PC (make it in C:hidden – RECOMMENDED).
- Now, add those files in a RAR archive (e.g. secret.rar). This file should also be in the same directory (C:hidden).
- Now, look for a simple JPEG picture file (e.g. logo.jpg). Copy/Paste that file also in C:hidden.
- Now, open Command Prompt (Go to Run and type ‘cmd‘). Make your working directory C:hidden.
- Now type: “COPY /b logo.jpg + secret.rar output.jpg” (without quotes) – Now, logo.jpg is the picture you want to show, secret.rar is the file to be hidden, and output.jpg is the file which contains both. :D
- Now, after you have done this, you will see a file output.jpg in C:hidden. Open it (double-click) and it will show the picture you wanted to show. Now try opening the same file with WinRAR, it will show the hidden archive :).
You can also upload the image (output.jpg) on image host and share it with others :D.
Ok, so you want a test image? Well, you got it. Below is a test image I created for you.
Save this file in your PC. Then try opening it normally first and then open it with WinRAR. You’ll see the difference. :)
Hope you like this post. Thanks for reading.
Update (Sept. 11, 2007): I just checked the file link, and it seems to be down. I’ll upload the file again and update the link soon.